National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) has established a multi-disciplinary analytical laboratory "Centre for Analysis and Learning in Livestock and Food (CALF)" at Anand in 2009. With state-of-the-art equipment and qualified technical staff, CALF offers a range of reliable and accurate analytical services in the field of dairy products, food, fruit and vegetables, animal feed and genetics at an affordable cost. CALF follows a quality management system based on ISO 17025 to ensure operational integrity and confidentiality.Dairy cooperatives and State Dairy Federations, Government departments, regulatory agencies, Universities, NDDB internal groups and subsidiaries, private feed and milk product manufacturers across the country avail CALF’sservices for product compliance, quality evaluation and research & development purposes.
CALF follows standard analytical methods acceptable by regulatory agencies, including those published by:
- Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS)
- International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO)
- Association of Official Analytical Chemists (AOAC)
- International Dairy Federation (IDF)
- American Public Health Association (APHA)
- CALF also follows the methods published in national and international journals, after validation and verifications.
- In-house validated and approved methods.
Accreditation and Recognition
- CALF has been accredited as per the ISO/IEC 17025 by the National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL) in 2013 and the accreditation is renewed periodically for chemical and biological testing. Biological scope covers both microbiology and genetics testing.
- CALF is recognised as a Food Referral laboratory by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) for milk and milk products since 2014.
- CALF has been recognized by the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) for analysis of milk and milk products.
CALF continually assesses its analytical competence by participating in the Proficiency Test (PT) programs conducted at national and international levels.
CALF follows a robust quality control program to verify the accuracy of analytical methodologies by including in-house quality checks at various steps of analysis.