- To conceptualise and prepare national level dairy development plans and support dairy cooperatives in preparation of investment proposals.
- To evolve effective mechanism for convergence of Animal Husbandry and Dairy Development schemes of Central/State Governments.
- Preparation of national level Dairy Development Plans
- Conduct consultations with the internal and external stakeholders for need assessment and formulation of Dairy Development Plans.
- PrepareDairy Development Plans as per the guidelines of funding agency and Government of India.
- Carry-out discussions and finalise modalities with funding agency for supporting Dairy Development Plans envisaged by NDDB.
- Support to dairy cooperatives for preparation of investment proposals
Provide support to Dairy Cooperatives/Producer Companies in preparation of investment proposals for dairy processing infrastructure and feed manufacturing plants for seeking financial assistance from NDDB and other funding agencies.
- Support to state Government for preparation of comprehensive dairy development plan and conduct studies to assess the potential for expansion and revival of Dairy Cooperatives including resource planning
- Facilitate convergence of Animal Husbandry and Dairy Development schemes of Central/State Government in coordination with concerned department of Central/State Government
- Formulation of second phase of NDP