Chapter Outline of a Sub Project Plan (SPP) for Fodder Development
Chapter Outline of a Sub Project Plan (SPP) for Fodder Development
- 1.1 Background
Name, category, date of incorporation, area of operation of the EIA
- 1.2 Dairy profile in state and operational area of the union
Milk production of the state and operational area , share in the country and state respectively along with demand and per capita availability of milk
Demographic profile of the state and operational area of the EIA
Role of agriculture and animal husbandry and its contribution in the state economy
Relevant information on existing Animal husbandry and dairy development infrastructure available in the state and operational area along with status of cattle and buffalo population in the state and operational area.
- 1.3 Agro Climatic Zone of operational area of EIA
Land use pattern along with status of water resources available in the operational area, average rainfall in the operational area, source of irrigation, justification in case critical situation
- 1.4 Fodder Situation of the State and operational area of EIA
Green and dry fodder availability and requirement in the state and operational area of the Union. Area under fodder production and variety of fodder seed sown, fodder development activities under taken by EIA and its past performance. Information regarding fodder development schemes of GoI/state Government being implemented in the operational area in detail.
- 1.5 Overview of the Union
Snapshots of present activities of the union, its coverage details and existing infrastructure with union.
Existing HR, financial management, purchase and governance system and status of the EIA
- 2.1 Need for Fodder Development
Status of fodder production, availability, requirement and deficit if any in the operational area along with feeding practice followed by farmers justifying need to take up fodder development activity in the operational area
- 2.2 Rationale for fodder seed production and marketing
Data for fodder seed production taken up by the farmers in the operational area and arrangement for sale and variety and quality of fodder seeds used by the producer members and its productivity MT/Ha/year in the operational area providing justification for the need of fodder seed production and financial support in production and marketing of fodder seeds
- 2.3 Rationale for Straw Densification plant
Purpose for setting up Straw densification plant in the operational area of the union
- 2.4 Rationale for Demonstration Activities under Fodder Development -Silage Making, Mowers and biomass storage silo, Re-vegetation of common grazing land
Purpose of the particular demonstration and its relevance in context to the operational area of the Union
- 3.1 Sub project objective
Objectives for each activity proposed under sub project of fodder development in line with the objective of the sub component – Fodder Development as mentioned in Project Implementation Plan of National Dairy Plan I
- 3.2 Justification of the sub project objective
Component wise justification needs to be provided elaborately supported with facts and figures
- 3.3 Proposed implementation design for Fodder Development Activities
Implementation design to be followed by the union for each activity proposed under sub project of fodder development
- 3.4 Sub project area
Details of Revenue Villages along with Census codes where the EIA proposes to implement various fodder development activities.
- 3.5 Sub project result/performance indicators
Sub project result/ performance indicator in line with Project Implementation Plan, Volume I of National Dairy Plan Phase I.
- 3.6 Synergy between relevant central/ state schemes and the sub project
Comparison of unit cost and area covered under various central/ state schemes under Fodder Development activities (for which the Union is availing funds) and activities proposed under NDP I.
- 3.7 Sub project outlay
Detailed physical targets and financial outlay year wise for the sub project
- 3.8 Risk identification and mitigation matrix for the sub project
Listing of potential risk related to the sub project that may adversely affect the sub project along with possible risk mitigation process.
- 4.1 Implementation arrangement
Implementation structure to be followed for the fodder development activities to be under taken under NDP I
- 4.2 Management Committee
Composition and detail of management committee and reporting structure and its responsibilities in brief (Applicable only in case of Seed Processing Unit and Straw Densification Unit)
- 4.3 Project Management Cell (PMC)
Composition and detail of PMC of the sub project and reporting structure and its responsibilities in brief.
- 5.1 Introduction
Brief introduction to the chapter mentioning the importance of monitoring of project and benefits.
- 5.2 Management Information System (MIS)
Details of MIS system to be put in place (INAPH/SSMS/any other) for monitoring of sub project, Role of MIS for implementing the sub project.
- 5.3 Monitoring and Evaluation
Role of Monitoring and Evaluation, details of internal monitoring procedures, submission of reports to PMU etc
- 5.4 Implementation of MIS and learning activity
Description of roles and responsibilities of Project Management Cell with reference to sub project MIS and monitoring.
- 5.5 Learning and Knowledge Management
Details about range of strategies and practices used in the sub project and how learnings from the sub project would further help the sub project and the EIA
- 5.6 Structure of ICT based MIS for sub project implementation
Specific requirements of computer hardware and software for sub project implementation.
- 5.7 Key performance indicators
Key performance Indicators to be monitored for the particular activity. (Table having specific indicators and their year wise targets)
- 6.1 General
Logical sequence of activities put in a time line (month wise) for the project period of the sub project as per the Guidelines/Manuals.
- 7.1 Existing governance structure
Details of Board, its members and their tenure.
Details regarding existing grievance handling procedures followed and existing complaint handling procedures.
Filled in GAAP checklist to be attached.
- 7.2 Governance and Accountability Action Plan (GAAP)
Details regarding how the sub project will pay attention to issues of internal and external checks and balances, information disclosure, monitoring of compliance of GAAP measures, maintenance of transparency etc.
GAAP framework for the sub project is to be developed and furnished.
- 7.3 Design principles
Details regarding the affirmative measures, mechanisms for detection of inappropriate governance and motivational actions to encourage good governance in the EIA to be put in place for the sub project.
- 7.4 Risk Assessment and Mitigation Plan
Details regarding risk assessment and mitigation plan for the sub project (at the EIA level/village level as applicable) having key GAAP vulnerabilities/risks, their detection, the measures taken to address the risk and entities responsible for mitigating the risk is to be prepared.
- 7.5 Information disclosure
Information disclosure to be facilitated regarding relevant parameters of the sub project activities through display charts/boards, websites.
- 7.6 Grievance Redressal Mechanism (GRM)
Details about grievance redressal officer to be designated for the sub project, his roles and responsibilities etc,
- 8.1 Manpower status at EIA
Manpower status of the EIA – department wise number of officers, staff, workers (people on regular and contract scale for each category of employees)
Details of key manpower of the EIA including name, designation, department/functional group, qualification, total work experience/full time deputation.
Existing organogram/hierarchy followed in the EIA.
- 8.2 Compensation structure of the EIA
Compensation structure across various grades of employees in the EIA.
- 8.3 Annual Performance Appraisals
Details about how annual performance appraisals are carried out, promotion policies followed in the EIA.
- 8.4 Grievance handling on HR related issues
Details about Grievance Handling Mechanism of internal HR issues that take place in the EIA.
- 8.5 Key activities of Human Resource Management (HRM)
Details about key activities of HRM like Recruitment, Performance Management, Personnel actions, Time keeping and Payroll, Support Functions etc
- 8.6 Personnel and Administration (P&A) Team Structure
Details regarding Personnel and Administration (P&A) Team Structure/HR Department of the EIA.
- 8.7 Existing Training & Development practices
Details regarding training & Development practices followed in the EIA and how training need identification is done in the EIA.
- 8.8 Training facilities of the EIA
Details regarding training facilities of the EIA, number and different type of trainings conducted in the EIA.
- 8.9 Specific Human Resource needs for the sub project
Details regarding specific manpower required for implementation of the sub project.
- 8.10 Manpower allocation by the EIA
Manpower to be allocated by the EIA internally (designation, name, qualification, total work experience, relevant experience) for the sub project and to be recruited (name of position, fulltime/part time, allocation by (month/quarter).
- 8.11 Progress records & reporting mechanism
Details regarding role wise (for the sub project), reports preparation and submission.
- 8.12 Initial support for Compensation of manpower deployed under the sub-project
Details regarding initial support for compensation of manpower for the manpower deployed in the sub project (if applicable) and their subsequent sustainability under the sub project.
- 8.13 Training and Capacity Building for Sub Project
Details regarding the training programme(s) name, location, duration and year wise physical targets for the sub project needs.
- 8.14 Measures to ensure Training Effectiveness
Details regarding what measures to be taken to ensure training effectiveness.
Details regarding refresher training programme
- 9.1 Present financial management practices and performance
Brief of existing financial management system, with an overview of audit procedure, past financial performance.
Filled-in financial management checklist to be attached.
- 9.2 Sub project FM arrangements including funds flow
Proposed arrangements for financial management for the sub project.
- 9.3 Fund flow from PMU to the EIA
Proposed arrangements for funds flow from PMU to the EIA.
- 9.4 Flow of funds from the EIA to village based milk producers’ institutions
Proposed onward flow of funds from EIA.
- 9.5 Accounting and internal controls
Proposed systems of accounting for the sub project.
- 9.6 Internal control arrangements for management of the sub project fund by the EIA
Control arrangements on the part of EIA specifying processes for physical verification of assets and withdrawl of sub project fund.
- 9.7 Audit arrangements at the EIA
Proposed audit arrangements for the sub project.
- 9.8 Reporting and monitoring
Proposed reporting and monitoring arrangements for the sub project from the EIA to the PMU.
- 9.9 Staff for FM functions in the EIA
Staff requirements of the EIA for the sub project.
- 9.10 Role of FM team in the EIA
Role of existing FM department of the EIA in the sub project.
- 9.11 Capacity building for FM function
Training requirements for proposed FM procedures.
- 10.1 Present procurement (purchase) procedure of the EIA
Brief of existing purchase system with an overview of inquiry and tender procedure.
Filled-in procurement questionnaire to be attached
- 10.2 Procurement (Purchase) Policy
Existing policy for purchase of goods, work and consultancy
- 10.3 Capacity building
Training requirements for proposed purchase procedures.
- 10.4 Proposed procurement (purchase) arrangement
Purchase arrangement proposed for the sub project.
- 10.5 Delegation of powers for procurement (purchase)
Delegation of powers proposed for the sub project.
- 10.6 Procurement Plan
Category wise plan of items to be purchased for the sub project specifying the agency of procurement, quantity, unit rate total cost and method of procurement and review.
- 11.1 Introduction
Details about environmental and Social issues in sub project area in-line with the Strategic Environment and Social Assessment (SESA) study.
- 11.2 Implementation Arrangements
Measures to handle environmental and social issues in sub project area, persons responsible for the same and physical targets and finanical outlay provisioned for the same.
- 11.3 Environmental and Social Management Framework (ESMF)
Details regarding environmental and social concerns faced by the sub project and the interventions proposed for mitigation of the same in-line with the SESA study.
- 11.4 Consultation and Disclosure
Details regarding consultations with other stakeholders in the sub project and information disclosure related to the sub project.
- 12.1 Means of financing
Source of funds for proposed investment.
- 12.2 Sustainability of Sub Project
For fodder seed processing unit and straw densification plant: Details regarding implementation of sub project on self-sustainable basis (attaching the projected financial inflow and outflow statement for the sub project)
- 12.3 Overall benefits
Benefits of the sub project to the ecology and milk producers.
- 12.4 Economic benefits
Economic benefits to the milk producers and employment opportunities for people employed in sub project.
- 12.5 Social benefits
Benefits to the milk producers in terms of enhanced organisational capacity.
- 12.6 Local environmental benefits
Benefits to local ecology.