- FMD typing centre of the Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory (ADDL) recognized as the FMD virus typing centre of "The project on FMD Epidemiology" of the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR).
- First to initiate a Pilot scheme for the control of FMD in Ooty, Nilgris district, Tamil Nadu which paved the way for the FMD control Project (FMD-CP) of DADF.
- First of its kind vaccine in the country against tropical Theileriosis.
- Developed an inexpensive and easy detection method for sub clinical mastitis.
- First in the country to develop medicated feed pellets for easier and effective worm control.
- Standardized Enzyme Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) for various tick borne diseases like theileriosis, babesiosis and anaplasmosis.
- Developed a safe and efficacious vaccine against Haemorrhagic Septicaemia (HS) that provided immunity for a longer duration.
- Produced reagents for Blue Tongue (BT) diagnosis.
- Initiated a research project on biological control of parasites as an alternative to chemical medication.
2000 to present
- Facilitated production of Brucella vaccine.
- Supported Government of Kerala in developing a self-sustainable model for FMD control, The Animal Disease Control Project (ADCP).
- Developed monoclonal antibodies against FMD for use in diagnosis.
- Standardized Fluorescence Polarisation Assay (FPA) for diagnosis of brucellosis.
- Standardized a highly sensitive real–time PCR technique for screening of Bovine Herpes Virus-1(BHV-1) in bovine semen.
- Standardized rapid detection of Bovine Tuberculosis (BTB) and Johne’s Disease (JD) using BACTEC MGIT 960 system.
- Developed a competitive Enzyme Linked Immunosorbent Assay (C-ELISA) for diagnosis of bovine brucellosis.
- Developed an immunocapture ELISA (IC-ELISA) for early diagnosis of BTB through estimation of bovine gamma interferon.
- Developed a tissue culture inactivated IBR vaccine.
- Developed a recombinant anti-tick vaccine.