Sectoral Analysis and Studies
- Link dairy cooperatives, Unions, Federations and NDDB in a national network that collects, adds value and disseminates information
- Gather market intelligence related to the dairy sector
- Source, house and manage large databases
- Undertake surveys and desk studies related to dairy sector
- Analyse dairy farm specific information on continual basis throughout the year
- Keep updated information on the international dairy scenario
- Ensure availability of analytical information for Policy Planning and Decision Support
- Advocacy for improved livestock statistics & milk production estimates
- Geo spatial analysis related to dairy sector
- Provide data support and need based evaluation/diagnosis of field conditions for NDDB managed milk unions and projects
1. Manage Internet based Dairy Information System (i-DIS)
- Facilitate decision-making at various levels in cooperative institutions with the help of an extensive on-line computer network that analyses relevant data obtained from:
- Village Dairy Cooperative Societies
- District Milk Producers' Unions
- Marketing Dairies
- Cattle feed plants
- State Milk Federations
- I-DGIS is a strong visualization tool, which incorporates GIS and database.
- The system has a facility to display – a) geographical boundaries for the States, Districts, Tehsils & Villages b) point locations for towns/cities c) Locations of DCS and dairy infrastructure (wherever available)
- It can help in proper identification of village on digital map with village census code.
- It can be used for monitoring & planning of field level activities of the Milk Union/Federation, as human census, livestock census & landuse/landcover of the village is integrated and provided in ONE place on the digital map.
- It has been made available on the internet platform for the use of interested Milk Unions/Federations under NDP-I.
3. Sectoral information
- Identification of key parameters related to human demography, animal population and milk production, information on cattle and buffalo breeds and inputs for enhancement of productivity such as breeding, health, nutrition etc., supporting resources and government expenditure etc. for standardisation.
- Compiling time series information for same set of key parameters for major dairying states in India both for state as whole as well as constituent districts.
- Prepare comprehensive write-up on policies and schemes for dairy development in particular state
- Comprehensive presentation of compiled information through thematic maps, tables etc.
- Publish state levelling Statistical Dairying Profiles and disseminating information for use of planners, administrators, scientists, veterinarians, researchers, students etc.
- At the end of this exercise, same set of standardised information would be available for 14 major dairying states.
4. Create National Database
Generate information on following:
- Milk supply
- Milk marketing by the cooperatives inter and intra state
- Milk and milk product consumption
- Producer price, consumer price, input prices and international prices of dairy commodity
- Livestock population
- Import and export of milk products
- Demand and supply of Cattle-feed and current price
- Management of timeseries database of Human censuses
- Production, productivity and demand–supply of agriculture and agriculture products such as pulses, oilseed, vegetables, fruits, etc.
- Research Institutions and others.
5.Conduct Sectoral Studies
- Facilitate conduct of Strategic Environment and Social Assessment (SESA) for NDP I
- Carry out surveys to generate district wise, block wise localized information on milk production and marketable surplus for evolving plurality in rural institutions for organized milk procurement
- Prepare Terms of Reference for conduct of external Monitoring & Evaluation (M &E) studies for NDP I, provide technical guidance and maintain oversight on the consultant to be engaged for external M & E studies
- Take up problem specific and area specific need-based special studies for policy support
- Conduct regular field studies concerning interest areas of NDDB through internal sources